You know that if you go home after long day at work and you will be faced with many things to do at home also? And therefore, you are looking some simple ideas for dinner, where you can do other things in addition to cooking, and you do not have to constantly stand next to the stove. For example, to clean up and spend time with your children? Here is one ”dump and go” dinner idea – easy crock pot salsa verde chicken.
Easy Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 jar 16-ounces Salsa Verde (I use Herdez Salsa Verde)
- 1 can 14.5-ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon or to taste ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon or to taste chili powder
- 1 onion diced, for garnish
Lightly spray the crock with cooking spray.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken in the crock pot.
Add salsa verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
Cover and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH, or 5 to 6 hours on LOW.
Remove cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the chicken.*
Stir the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
Top with diced onions and fresh parsley or cilantro.
Video how to prepare this easy and tasty dinner is below